Virtual Code of Conduct
ASAE Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
ASAE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and ASAE staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, industry partners, exhibitors, ASAE staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all ASAE meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than ASAE but held in conjunction with ASAE events, on public or private platforms.
ASAE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ASAE asks that you inform Robert M. Skelton, CAE, Chief Administrative & Credentialing Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-379-6280, or Allison Abayasekara, Vice President, Learning Strategy & Engagement, email@example.com or 202-326-9504 so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, industry partner, exhibitor, ASAE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, industry partner, exhibitor, ASAE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
In addition, participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- The recording or transmissions of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by ASAE throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ASAE virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ASAE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Any direct selling of products/services offered by speakers, industry partners, or consultants in any public area of the virtual platform is prohibited. Many of the engagement conversations are based around knowledge and expertise and are not categorized a direct sales pitch. Selling must be conducted during mutually agreed upon private video, audio or text conversations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
ASAE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ASAE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.